[GLLUG] RADVD configuration

Chris Bell chrisbell at chrisbell.org.uk
Wed Apr 5 18:29:05 UTC 2017

On Wednesday 05 Apr 2017 18:52:59 Tim Woodall via GLLUG wrote:

> And on checking my machines I saw that ipv6 wasn't working on the vpn.
> If you ip link down/ip link up then it appears that the interface loses
> all knowledge of ipv6 - despite /proc/sys/net staying the same (I was
> renaming the interface)
>
> I also am publishing my /48 via radvd but that isn't being picked up by
> the routing tables. Only the /64 prefix. The router advertisement is
> making it through the vpn - I can see it with radvdump - but it's not
> appearing in ip -6 route show. (this may never have worked)
>
> But I did try publishing two separate prefixes and they've both been
> picked up.
>
> My config file now looks (something) like this:
>
> interface $IFNAME
> {
>    AdvSendAdvert on;
>    UnicastOnly on;
>    MinRtrAdvInterval 3;
>    MaxRtrAdvInterval 10;
>    route xxxx:xxxx:xxxx::/48
>    {
>    };
>    prefix xxxx:xxxx:beef:$ADDR::/64
>    {
>      AdvOnLink on;
>      AdvAutonomous on;
>      AdvRouterAddr on;
>    };
>    prefix xxxx:xxxx:dead:$ADDR::/64
>    {
>      AdvOnLink on;
>      AdvAutonomous on;
>      AdvRouterAddr on;
>    };
> };
>
> HTH
>
> Tim.

That is similar to what I am trying, but I am searching for more info on ABRO
configuration. There have been complaints about time-to-live problems, but I am
concerned with getting it to work at all. If I get RADVD to start, I get
another complaint from shorewall6.

--
Chris Bell
website chrisbell.org.uk