[GLLUG] ISP - How slow is usefull?

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Mon Apr 10 16:29:35 UTC 2017

On Mon, Apr 10, 2017 at 05:17:11PM +0100, Greater London Linux UUG wrote:
> To save money I am considering changing from Virgin fibre to
> broadband. The BT speed estimate is a maximum of 2 to 6.5 Mbs and a
> guaranteed minimum of 1Mbs.

Quote this at them (Sept 2015):

"Firstly, that BT stands ready to deliver minimum broadband speeds of 5-10Mbps
to everyone in the UK."

http://www.btplc.com/Sharesandperformance/Industryanalysts/Newsletter/Issue38/News2/

Yes, yes, yes - I know that I should not take such people at their word :-(

--
Alain Williams
+44 (0) 787 668 0256  http://www.phcomp.co.uk/