[GLLUG] How to troubleshoot router/modem hardware defect

Peter Grant grantpe at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 09:44:08 UTC 2017

Does the cheapo Tenda router have a modem mode? If so you could enable that
and subsitute it for the Draytek modem, so you can test your m0n0wall box.
Otherwise, it's about which you think is easier to obtain a replacement for
- possibly borrowed as it might only be needed for testing.

Or I know Ubuntu will talk directly to PPPoE connections, so can be used to
test the Draytek modem. Probably other distro will too.

Just a couple of ideas,
Peter