[GLLUG] Seeking a basic Linux machine

Sion Williams sion.elis.williams at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 4 15:28:41 UTC 2017

Hello

I've recently joined a project to help develop these digital campaigning
tools: https://zylum.org/

However I don't have the hardware needed to experiment with LAMP
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LAMP_(software_bundle)>, which is preventing
me from contributing. The project leader suggested that I join this list
and ask if anyone has a machine to donate/sell. Please find a description
below of his own set-up and a steer on minimum spec. Really grateful for
any offers, particularly ahead of our next meetup next Tuesday 10 January.

"I use an IBM thinkpad X31 which is over 10 years old now and still going
strong with a lightweight Debian Linux install. Probably the most important
thing is simply the memory. I think that 1GB is the minimum useful memory
these days. I would reccomend 4GB for anything taxing."

Many thanks

Sion

P.S. I've just joined this list and I'm completely new to Linux so
apologies for any *faux pas* with respect to list etiquette and sorry for
my technical ignorance!