[GLLUG] OT - Boot order HP ML110 G6

James Roberts j.roberts at stabilys.com
Fri Jul 14 09:25:41 UTC 2017

AFAIR this machine has a firmware RAID (Intel ICH) which needs a Linux
driver added in on boot to use.

I've always either used a real hardware RAID or Linux md on these
machines (we had lots of (preferred) ML115s and a couple of ML110s, for
general duties).

I did once get the driver to work, but it's some years ago and I never
used the driver in production.

If you did in fact use the built in RAID you must have added the driver
to do so.

The current version (which probably will have issues) is I think here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25937/Intel-Embedded-Server-RAID-Technology-2-RAID-Driver-for-Linux-

I'd go with Linux md myself, as others have commented... which means
disabling the fake-RAID function in the BIOS and getting JBOD back.

MeJ

--
Stabilys Ltd		www.stabilys.com
244 Kilburn Lane