[GLLUG] A new LUG

woodman tim timwoodman1 at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue May 23 14:08:30 UTC 2017

Hello to you all.

I am Tim, a senior geek living in Tunbridge Wells who wants to form a West Kent
LUG.

Myself and a few friends moan and whinge about the non existence of a group
around our area so I am trying to start one.

There is nothing concrete planned as yet, we have not had a meeting yet, never
mind finding somewhere to hold it, I am mailing this list to get advice and some
people interested. We are not professional developers or tecchies at all, just
amateurs who have a Tux habit.

I would be glad of any feedback or suggestions from you all, the difficulties of
setting one up and keeping it active, encouraging others, the legal aspects and
funding. We are not rich folk at all so need to do this on the cheap, it that is
possible.

Yours, Tim Woodman.