[GLLUG] GitHub and Microsoft

Fred Youhanaie fly at anydata.co.uk
Fri Jun 8 17:41:07 UTC 2018

On 08/06/18 17:35, Andy Smith via GLLUG wrote:
> Of course one could jump ship to Gitlab. Who are currently hosted
> on Microsoft Azure, but are planning a move real soon now - to
> Google!

The longish blog at [0] has an interesting histogram of the number of GitHub repositories imported into GitLab over the last few days.

Now, since GitLab is hosted on Azure, does this mean that Microsoft has already started benefiting from the proposed takeover? ;-)

[0] https://thenewstack.io/open-source-devs-wary-of-microsofts-pending-github-takeover-consider-a-plan-b/

Cheers,
Fred

P.S. I haven't found out how the histogram was produced, and it's not clear if the numbers are daily or cumulative!