[GLLUG] IT for the NHS and General Practices

Andy Smith andy at bitfolk.com
Mon Jun 25 00:15:33 UTC 2018

On Sun, Jun 24, 2018 at 06:22:09PM +0000, Marcus Harriott via GLLUG wrote:
> All public employees ( for they are not workers...) are retards.

No they are not. Please don't be so offensive towards people who
work for the government.

If you want counter examples, see GDS. They were responsible for
building the passport renewal service amongst a large number of
other things. I renewed my passport this year, online, using a photo
from my own phone, and the new passport turned up in 9 days. It was
an excellent user experience.

Sadly, changes at GDS have perhaps stymied any further good work
they may be able to do, and that's the typical story. I would prefer
to believe that there are some talented and hard-working people
being let down by leadership and vested interests outside of their
control.

I don't know how we expect anything to get any better if we just
blanket label all public employees with a pejorative that does not
belong on this list.

Regards,
Andy