[GLLUG] IT for the NHS and General Practices

Marcus Harriott marcusjharriott at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jun 25 09:03:49 UTC 2018

Wrong

The 'good' people will tend to get jobs at 'good' organizations.
Good people, if they find themselves in a 'bad' org. will move on.

A critical point is always reached where a org becomes essentially bad. In competitive business, this org dies or is killed.

In govt, it lives forever, gets bigger and sometimes tells the the 'good' what to do. Indeed the org actually attracts the 'bad' people who can get paid way more than they are worth for producing no value. This is where the UK is right now. Govt is corrupt, incompetent, broken and retarded at every level.

If you worked in government you would see this.

 Andy
 You're entirely right, but
 it's been my experience that middle management - the
 "subject matter experts" - don't stand up for
 themselves against conservative and often stupid senior
 management.
 This
 leads to good advice being either ignored or not ever
 provided.  The boorish attitudes prevalent in the senior
 reaches of the Civil Service have also led to entirely
 stupid decisions.
 Since the Civil Service largely run
 the country - irrespective of the colour of the government -
 little will ever change. When applying for a fairly senior
 post in an arm of the Civil Service, the interviewers were
 more interested in which Public School I attended rather
 than my actual qualifications for the job! It was at that
 point the I decided that I would stay in the private
 sector.
 Chris