[GLLUG] Help with 17.10 update

Joe Ressington joeressington at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 19:23:59 UTC 2018

Joe

Many thanks

I switched and it was a great improvement - The mouse and keyboard worked
and the items on my desk top appeared. It appeared that I had Internet
connection and so i downloaded updates but the update appeared to fail. I
can open pictures and film clips but mozilla and Thunderbird will not
open.... Any further suggestions??

I am most grateful to you

Marcus

Hi.

Glad to hear that you saw an improvement but I can't think of anything else
to try. Perhaps someone else on the list will have a suggestion.

Joe

 Sorry. The
 screenshot failed to attach last time. Hopefully it will
 work this time.
 On 22 Feb 2018 11:50 pm,
 "Joe Ressington" <joeressington at gmail.com>
 wrote:

 Any ideas what I can do

 It's conceivable that your
 problems are caused by Ubuntu 17.10 defaulting to a Wayland
 session.
 At the log
 in screen, try switching it to Ubuntu on Xorg (see attached
 screenshot).

 Joe