[GLLUG] Charity WiFi, a bit off topic

Christopher Hunter cehunter at gb-x.org
Tue Mar 27 11:07:29 UTC 2018

On 26/03/18 22:05, stuart taylor via GLLUG wrote:
> but what WiFi router do I use?
>

> Stuart

I would suggest something like a BT HH5 which can be significantly
upgraded by flashing it with DD-WRT (or you can get one pre-flashed from
Ebay for between £25 - £30).  The HomeHub 5 comes in a couple of
flavours, one of which is described as the "business" version.  This has
a grey lower front panel.  The only difference between the domestic and
business versions seems to be the colour of the case, though BT insist
that the business version is burnt-in for longer.  The wi-fi signal from
these routers is amongst the best I've seen, and when they're running
DD-WRT, they're infinitely configurable!

Regards

Chris