[GLLUG] GRUB dual boot on removable drive

Henrik Morsing henrik at morsing.cc
Mon Sep 17 09:14:58 UTC 2018

Hi,

I have a laptop with two drives, one with Windows and one with Linux. The Linux installation is in the removable bay that also takes the CD drive if needed. Grub boots from the main drive.

I realised recently that none of this works if I remove the Linux drive and put the CD drive in. Looking at how GRUB works, it is clear why.

So, is there a different way to solve this boot setup? I sometimes need the CD drive with Windows, bear in mind.

Thanks