[GLLUG] GRUB dual boot on removable drive

michael norman michaeltnorman at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 12:03:29 UTC 2018

I have one of these

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ASUS-SDRW-08D2S-U-LITE-External-Burner/dp/B00BGJ8GPU/ref=sr_1_10?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1537185019&sr=1-10&keywords=Asus+dvdrw

Attached to my Shuttle box because I can't use an internal drive for
reasons I won't go into.

Looks and is flimsy but that's the way such devices are built nowadays,
but for the increasingly rare occasions I need and optical drive it
works fine.

Only caveat is whether your laptop has enough usb ports for the two usb
cables it comes with, ie one for data and one for charging, the supplied
cables are very short, but standard nonetheless so you can use others if
needs be.

I don't have Windows but I am sure this or any other of its type will
work, I just picked an ASUS model because they work for me.