[GLLUG] Console screen size

Henrik Morsing henrik at morsing.cc
Sun Nov 24 13:13:19 UTC 2019

On Sun, Nov 24, 2019 at 12:50:29PM +0000, Marco van Beek via GLLUG wrote:
>HI,
>
>If you are using HDMI you might be falling foul of over-scanning:
>https://www.howtogeek.com/252193/hdtv-overscan-what-it-is-and-why-you-should-probably-turn-it-off/

Hi, and thanks for the quick reply, but that sounds like the opposite to my problem. My TV is 60" and I've just measured the console size coming in at 27".

Interestingly, I did have a poke around in the TV settings, nothing about overscan, but I did find something called "Screen format". It had "Normal", "Full 1" and "Full 2" presets. Voila, "Full2" did the trick for the console!

I looked around a bit and there's a setting called "Display size" which has "Full Pixel", "Normal" and "-1" and having a TV challen on whilst changing those around I think that might be an overscan setting.

Thanks anyway, think it's sorted!

Henrik