[GLLUG] Server in London

Dr. Axel Stammler axst at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Oct 10 22:07:33 UTC 2019

Hello, James,

the data is private. The server should only be accessible to me via VPN and SSH. There
should be no public access. The internet connection should be provided via ethernet cable;
there should be no wireless capability.

My core data (authored by myself) is in databases and text files and less than 100 GB.
Then there are copyrighted text and media files which I use perfectly legally but which I
have no right (and no wish) to make available to anyone else. All in all I'll use an SSD
of about 500 GB for the Debian system and the data.

Just to make sure: The server will contain no adult or violent material and obviously no
illegal material.

The data will be kept up to date using downloads or synchronisation (rsync, unison) about
once a day.  The times could be open to negotiation. Any other data transfers would be
quite small.

I plan to use a slow CPU and no HDD (only SSD) so I can do without any mechanical parts
like HDDs and fans.

Kind regards

Axel