[GLLUG] Server in London

Andy Smith andy at bitfolk.com
Fri Oct 11 09:05:21 UTC 2019

On Fri, Oct 11, 2019 at 08:54:29AM +0000, Andy Smith via GLLUG wrote:
> Here is an example of doing it with the virtualisation stack called
> KVM (not the remote access kind of KVM you mentioned):
>
>     https://blog.appsecco.com/breaking-full-disk-encryption-from-a-memory-dump-5a868c4fc81e

Apologies, that example was with VirtualBox. I just did a quick
search; the previous one I read was for KVM and so I thought that
was it. The virt stack doesn't really matter though; in all cases
the bare metal host can read guest memory.

There are some CPU features coming which can encrypt memory though.
I am not aware of these being deployed in any public provider yet.

Cheers,
Andy