[GLLUG] Server in London

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Fri Oct 11 10:49:48 UTC 2019

Hi Dr Alex,

On Fri, 11 Oct 2019 at 10:22, Dr. Axel Stammler via GLLUG <
gllug at mailman.lug.org.uk> wrote:

> Thank you very much for making me aware of all those options. I have
> started looking into several of them, which may obviously take a minute or
> two. OTOH, I feel rather disinclined to work with any but the smallest
> companies as large companies bring their own agenda which is usually quite
> different from mine.

I don't think I'm maligning them by saying this, but Bitfolk certainly
falls into the "smallest companies" bracket. Also, another +1 from me as a
long-term (~12 years) happy customer.

> I have once tried a virtual server, with some extremely pleasant and some
> not so pleasant results. If the GLLUG has a meeting at the beginning of
> next week, it might be best to just have a chat there.

I have had no problems with bitfolk which weren't my own incompetence or a
system wide issue that was resolved and detailed fully by Andy.

Cheers,
Al.