[GLLUG] Reading USB serial port broken

Henrik Morsing henrik at morsing.cc
Fri Sep 20 09:31:43 UTC 2019

On Fri, Sep 20, 2019 at 10:04:23AM +0100, Dimitrios Siganos wrote:
>Have you checked that it is not a baud rate, flow control or other serial
>setting issue? You can strace tail to see what it does.

Hi,

I have checked what my limited skills allow me to, but running a tail on the device wouldn't really change those settings.

I have tried setting this:

stty -F /dev/ttyUSB0 cs8 115200 ignbrk -brkint -icrnl -imaxbel -opost -onlcr -isig -icanon -iexten -echo -echoe -echok -echoctl -echoke noflsh -ixon -crtscts

that I found here:

https://playground.arduino.cc/Interfacing/LinuxTTY/

It's like the Python module connecting to the device doesn't set it high or whatever it is it normally does when connecting.

Thanks