[GLLUG] Speculative IPv6 probing

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Wed Sep 25 17:50:25 UTC 2019

On 25/09/2019 18:44, Tim Woodall via GLLUG wrote:
> I'm seeing probes obviously attempting to hunt for machines on IPv6.

I can't help wondering what the objective is.

Scanning the whole of the IPv6 address space is going to take a while,
and all it's going to tell you is that there is a machine at a
particular address - just the same as if you did it for IPv4.

What's there to be gained?

John

--
Xronos Scheduler - https://xronos.uk/
All your school's schedule information in one place.