[GLLUG] Command line audio status

Mike Brodbelt mike at coruscant.org.uk
Wed Jul 1 08:25:49 UTC 2020

On 01/07/2020 08:00, Andrew Black via GLLUG wrote:
> Google is escaping me. I want a command line tool along lines of following
>
> $  audio-status
> Input:  Built in Mike  40%
> Output: HDMI 60%
>
> Have a memory I found something but memory is "leaky".....

Assuming you're using pulseaudio, you probably want one of:-

$ pactl (list|info)

There are a load more options for setting source/sink details, but the
above two give you an overview. There's also "alsa-info", which collects
information about your overall sound setup, but I think that might be a
Debian thing.

HTH,

Mike