[GLLUG] Openssl and certificates

Chris Bell chrisbell at chrisbell.org.uk
Tue Jul 28 08:48:00 UTC 2020

Hello,
Openssl makes it easier to create my own CA and issue certificates for local
boxes with specified uses such as WWW and EMAIL, but I am not clear on the best
approaches for multiple domains and boxes. I have dedicated individual boxes
to use as web server, email gateway, and email server, and multiple boxes for
each job to enable online backup and offline upgrades. Should individual
certificates be created for individual boxes or should the same certificate be
shared between all boxes allocated for each individual job?
Thanks for any information.
--
Chris Bell
Website http://chrisbell.org.uk