[GLLUG] Useful little cute box full of IP glue

Tim Woodall t at woodall.me.uk
Mon Mar 2 19:18:49 UTC 2020

On Mon, 2 Mar 2020, James Roberts via GLLUG wrote:

> On 02/03/2020 07:54, Tim Woodall via GLLUG wrote:
>
>> 1. One of them periodically locks up in a most peculiar way : I can ssh
>> in via ethernet, Devices can associate (it's running as an AP,) but it
>> appears that no (useful) traffic makes it across the bridge from
>> ethernet to wifi. Even a reboot doesn't fix, it has to be powercycled.
>
> Faced with these sorts of issues on anything digital I always first suspect
> the PSU

Indeed - and my tweaks involve ensuring that it's getting exactly 5v0. I
think it was getting slightly more - and so why I suspect overheating
under load.

>> 3. Related to 2 but there's poor documentation on anything other than
>> the web-gui. Go even slightly 'off-piste' and you are on your own. I've
>> debated switching to rasbian for this reason alone (on a RPi)
>
> https://openwrt.org/docs/start
>
> ain't so bad... though Debian has better doc.

But I still can't find anything about what I need. I have this (default
from package install)

# ls -l /etc/rc.d/S50radvd
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            15 Nov  2 08:09 /etc/rc.d/S50radvd -> ../init.d/radvd

and radvd starts as expected when I run
/etc/init.d/radvd start

But radvd does not start on boot but I can find no clue as to where the
problem might be.

It's not a major issue but it's annoying. I can't even find
documentation to tell me if these init scripts ought to work. There's
nothing in the log.

Tim.