[GLLUG] Adding openvpn to an existing configuration

Marco van Beek mvanbeek at supporting-role.co.uk
Mon May 11 10:06:04 UTC 2020

Hi,

Openvpn should not be grabbing port 53 unless you are using a custom
config for it. The default setup for openvpn is UDP 1194. Some people do
use port 53 UDP for VPn because it allows you to tunnel through, but you
have just seen what havoc that can bring.

If you do need to run OpenVPN that way then I thionk you will need to
run mulitple network interfaces and bind 53 in openvpn and dnsmasq to
different ones.

Regards,

Marco