[GLLUG] Link two RAIDs in one LVM?

Dr. Axel Stammler axst at users.sourceforge.net
Mon May 11 18:49:54 UTC 2020

Hi,

On Mon 2020-05-11 10.58.13, Greater London Linux User Group wrote:

>I believe modern mdadm can reshape a RAID-1 into a RAID-0 then a
>RAID-0 into a RAID-10 and then add extra devices.
>
>    https://www.berthon.eu/2017/converting-raid1-to-raid10-online/
>
>There will be a scary time when it is RAID-0 and therefore no
>redundancy.

Well, to make it less scary this idea includes the --backup-file option but I do not know what this backup file will contain. Either, it is all the data — then I defdinitely do not have room for it and it would take about as much time as using R Sync to move to a new Logical Volume. Or, it is just RAID configuration data — in that case, it is much too scary for me.