[GLLUG] Checking mail server configuration specifically for IPv4

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Sat May 30 15:23:48 UTC 2020

Dear all,

I've been having a recent problem with one of my mail servers and one
particular e-mail provider not liking its reverse DNS lookup result for
IPv4.

I tend to use check-auth at verifier.port25.com to diagnose these things
but I've hit a problem.  Both my mail server and theirs are fully IPv6
enabled, and all is good in IPv6.

Does anyone know a way of forcing a similar check to use IPv4?  The
e-mail provider with whom I'm having difficulty publishes only IPv4 MX
records.

TIA,
John

--
Xronos Scheduler - https://xronos.uk/
All your school's schedule information in one place.