[GLLUG] nginx oops!

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Sun Nov 29 13:00:42 UTC 2020

On 29/11/2020 12:42, MJ via GLLUG wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I went to hidester to see whether my install was a success. NOPE!
> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> domain gives:
> Error: The requested resource could not be loaded because the server
> returned an error:
> 502 Bad Gateway (?).
>

> IP gives :
> If you see this page, the nginx web server is successfully installed and
> working. Further configuration is required.
>
> For online documentation and support please refer to nginx.org.
> Commercial support is available at nginx.com.
>
> Thank you for using nginx.
> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> is there something I can do

Yes, give some more information.  Your problem report is incredibly
sketchy but reading between the lines it looks like you have some sort
of cacheing proxy between your web browser and your Nginx installation.

Assuming it's all globally accessible, tell us the domain name and IP
address which you're using.  If not you'll need to do all the checking
yourself.  If you look up the domain name which you're using does it map
to the IP address which you are also using?  It looks like a
configuration error in either your DNS or your cache.

Far too little information to be able to give an informed diagnosis though.

John

--
Xronos Scheduler - https://xronos.uk/
All your school's schedule information in one place.