[GLLUG] ssh local port forwarding remote interface binding.

James Courtier-Dutton james.dutton at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 09:34:28 UTC 2021

On Thu, 14 Jan 2021 at 07:30, Tim Woodall via GLLUG
<gllug at mailman.lug.org.uk> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> In
>
> ssh -N -L 8080:webserver:80 gateway
>
> Is there any way to specify which interface should be bound on gateway
> other than by changing the routing table on gateway?
>
> Google isn't helping much as everything is talking about bind address
> that the forwarded connection _listens_ on and I don't care about that,

Hi,

Lets have:
A = the client PC you are ssh from.
B = gateway
C = webserver.

The above will open a port 8080 on A, listening on 127.0.0.1
When you connect to port 8080 on A, the session is tunnelled through
the ssh port 22 session.
B then opens a tcp session from B:anyport -> C:80

Does this help answer your question?

Kind Regards

James