[GLLUG] Power control over IP

Andy Smith andy at bitfolk.com
Tue Jun 1 15:50:01 UTC 2021

Hello,

On Tue, Jun 01, 2021 at 04:37:27PM +0100, James Courtier-Dutton via GLLUG wrote:
> If you are a charity, it might be worth asking some service providers
> if they would donate a VM for your use also.

I'll probably have some Supermicro Xeon D-1540-based systems that
are otherwise going to computer recycling soon. So if anyone wants
them they can have them for free - it will be collect from Telehouse
Docklands. These are 2015 vintage. As they're proper rackmount
servers they do have a decent BMC that supports remote power
management and console.

I don't know what CPUs are in Stuart's IBM x3250s. If you can let us
know Stuart I can tell you how a 2GHz Xeon D-1540 compares.

Cheers,
Andy