[GLLUG] Best NIX-based router/software for a small business network

Travis Mooney ttmooney at ttmooney.com
Tue Jun 15 17:25:16 UTC 2021

I think every platform has security vulnerabilities. I'm not aware of
anything super significant for OpenWRT as opposed to any other release
(meaning, they all have their problems). Of course, if you're on the
vendor-supplied version and not the main release, you're still waiting
for them to get out the updates.

Anything that isn't getting updated is going to have vulnerabilities.
That's why I tend to go for devices that are designed for the release --
you're in a better position for updates, even if the vendor can't be
bothered.

BTW, the GL iNet link for the Convexa-B is
https://www.gl-inet.com/products/gl-b1300/

--
******

Travis Mooney-Evans