[GLLUG] BEST NIX-BASED ROUTER

Marco van Beek mvanbeek at supporting-role.co.uk
Thu Jun 17 09:07:00 UTC 2021

We have a different methodology where the live server initiated the
backup, but once each set is completed completed sets a flag on the
backup server and the backup server then takes a copy using hard links,
so that allows us to have a whole bunch of historical copies that cannot
be accessed via the live server. Also, the live server only has a
restricted shell on the backup server so can only run a limited set of
commands, and is chrooted to it's own home directory.

Pros and cons to both methods, but both have the same end result as far
as ransomware access is concerned.

Regards,

Marco