[GLLUG] irssi and ssl

John Edwards john at cornerstonelinux.co.uk
Tue Nov 16 07:10:16 UTC 2021

Hi

On Mon, Nov 15, 2021 at 09:06:48PM +0000, Henrik Morsing via GLLUG wrote:
<snip>
> Am I doing something wrong connecting with irssi?

Problem seems most likely within irssi or it's configuration if the
SSL certificates verify OK with other programs.

Could be difference in accepted SSL/TLS procotol versions or cipher
suites, but I would expect those to show a different error message
from irssi (of course error messages might be wrong or misleading).

Have you tried connecting to a different IRC server such as
"irc.libera.chat"?

ArchLinux have some basic docs on setting up SSL (actually TLS in this
case):
	  https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Irssi#TLS_Connection