[GLLUG] irssi and ssl

Andy Smith andy at bitfolk.com
Tue Nov 16 15:39:58 UTC 2021

Hello,

On Tue, Nov 16, 2021 at 03:19:35PM +0000, Henrik Morsing via GLLUG wrote:
> Wow, just tried from my home server which I always keep on the
> same Debian version as my cloud server, and it went straight in!
> At least I have something to compare to now.

So you now have a machine that it works on and a machine which it
doesn't…

Did you ever try the openssl s_connect test you were given before?

$ openssl s_client -connect irc.aachat.net:6697

and does it work for a web site using a LE cert? e.g.

$ openssl s_client -connect bitfolk.com:443

Cheers,
Andy