[GLLUG] scam phone call

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Thu Sep 30 16:13:07 UTC 2021

On 30/09/2021 16:58, Chris Bell via GLLUG wrote:
> Hello,
> I have received a scam telephone call to my landline and caller display shows
> the caller as 0031625679475, a 13 digit number. Is this likely to be a genuine
> number from something like an IP digital phone? My sister has received several
> similar calls with long numbers starting with 003

Unless I was expecting an international call, I would be very wary about
answering it at all.  The pond-life have worked out that people won't
answer calls which say "Withheld" so with the connivance of crooked
telecoms providers they now put any old made-up number in the
presentation number field.

Generally, if I don't actively recognize the calling number I let the
answering machine take it.  Anyone genuine will leave a message.

John

--
Xronos Scheduler - https://xronos.uk/
All your school's schedule information in one place.