[GLLUG] GLLUG still alive?

Polarian polarian at polarian.dev
Tue Aug 13 14:50:42 UTC 2024

Apologies, I accidentally clicked send mid-typing the email, please
find the completed email below, and I apologies for the noise.

Hello,

I have been looking through the archives and have seen that there has
been only a few posts to the list in the past year.

I notice one thread (apologies for creating a new one) on how the list
has been quite [1].

I have looked through the website [2] however the posts end at 2017,
and the IRC channel is back on freenode, before freenode fell and
libera took over, so I am unsure this channel is still around.

I have been checking out London (and surrounding areas) lug's but all
of them seem dead, gllug seems to be the most lively at a few emails
this year :P

I have checked:

- Brixton [3], no mailing list link, no website link
- Watford [4], listed as London for some reason despite being
  Hertfordshire, however it has no website, and the mailing list has
  been completely dead since 2017 (7 years!)
- Hertfordshire [5], lug marked as inactive, mailing list exists
  however obviously dead due to [6].
- Peterborough [7], Has a website which looks somewhat maintained,
  however mailing list archives are authentication protected, and they
  are using Discord, plus its in Cambridgeshire which is a considerable
  distance from London and can't really be considered "local" (rail
  fees alone would be £36 via thameslink)

Anyone still around?

Take care,
--