[GLLUG] GLLUG still alive?

Alistair Mann al at pectw.net
Tue Aug 13 20:14:59 UTC 2024

I'm certainly still around too.

It has felt like the Big Problems with Linux have been solved. Perhaps
the biggest, Adoption, seemed to fall away with first Darwin, and second
WSL finding their way onto lesser operating systems. I still code up my
own solutions (bethey bash, zsh, C, php, and others) and delighted to
see my adult son not only code up his own solutions (python etc) and
those for his employer, but prefer to do so using FOSS, and without my
pushing him in that direction.

Linux in the 90s and 00s reminded me of home computing in the early 80s
on, when I was a z80 language games programmer. I get the same home
computing, then Internet, then Linux "buzz" - and the drinks - in the
bitcoin developer scene, where I've hovered on the edge for the last decade.

I've read and learned far, far more than I've contributed to this group
over the years, for which I thank everyone; hopefully it'll be some
years before I felt I should unsubscribe!
--
Alistair Mann