[GLLUG] help with 5 table database

Robert McKay robert at mckay.com
Tue Oct 22 23:15:35 UTC 2024

On 2024-10-22 21:51, MJ via GLLUG wrote:
> hiya gllug-ers
>
> I have not done ani coding since uni ~ 2006. Any here with sql skills
> ? I 've done something
> via ...s://dbdiagram.io. Jitsi meet welcome to let me brainstorm with
> & see what and where
> I am wrong. I am certainly, at least in foreign key area.
>
> TA in advance

Not really sure what you're asking here, but I've been very impressed
with dbeaver's openai/chatgpt "AI smart completion" plugin.. basically
dbeaver is an sql client that connects to almost every database, and the
ai plugin allows you to ask questions in english and it converts them to
sql. The AI plugin has knowledge of the database schema - and the
queries can be immediately be executed to see the results. You can make
very complex queries - stuff that would require loads of sub queries in
seconds with absolutely no knowledge of SQL.

Rob