[GLLUG] Steadfast Self-Hosting workshop

Adam Monsen info at selfhostbook.com
Mon Sep 23 16:37:35 UTC 2024

Greetings from Seattle!

I'll be visiting London in early November and I'm wondering if there's
any interest in meeting up to talk about self-hosting web/software
services on Linux. I've done a number of workshops over the past few
months and they've all gone very well.

I've been a Linux user/admin/etc. for quite a while. I set up a server
at home and started self-hosting lots of stuff for my family a few years
ago. I self-published a book about the whole experience that LUG-type
folks may find useful. It walks through the fundamentals of self-hosting
along with concrete examples using ubuntu+ansible+docker compose and
some FOSS code to simplify it all.

I'm not here to promote my book so much as share, learn, and connect.
The book is for sale, but at /literally/ any price. It is licensed to
promote strict copyleft/sharing.

If a meeting sounds like fun, let's do it! Please email me (and/or this
list). I'll need help from locals to handle facilities and spread the
word. The best day for me would be Tue Nov 5 in the afternoon, but I
have some flexibility and may be able to find another day/time near Nov
5. I believe I'll be staying somewhere near Hyde Park.

Best and thanks,
-Adam

--

https://selfhostbook.com