[GLLUG] Reading/converting unknown database file

Carles Pina i Estany carles at pina.cat
Wed Sep 25 09:10:38 UTC 2024

Hi,

On 24 Sep 2024 at 12:37:24, Henrik Morsing via GLLUG wrote:

> I have used Collectorz software for cataloguing, but they are moving
> away from their totally awesome thick client to a crappy web-based
> thing, so I started writing my own replacement in Python.
>
> Problem is that populating the Collectorz catalogue has taken years,
> so I was hoping I could read or convert its database file, however, it
> appears to be in a totally unknown format.

Perhaps try "file Backup_20240915.muc" to see if it says something
generic (binary file) or some format name...

I don't have much hope, but easy to try!

Also, try with the backup as you did and also looking at the saved data
(perhaps it has two formats, and one is more standard than the other
one!).

--
Carles Pina i Estany
https://carles.pina.cat | carles at pina.cat | cpina at debian.org