[gloucs] changes...

Sean Keane gloucs@mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Aug 23 11:04:01 2002

It is a generally accepted fact, that on Friday 23 Aug 2002 10:12, Guy=20
Edwards felt compelled to set hand to keyboard and type:

> Its a new toy..... (buttons and things to push and do)
> Seriously, it'll make things easier because we can roll back when thing=
> go wrong and not have to send so many emails saying "hey I'm working on
> this bit" when theres more than 1 person working at a time. Being able
> to plan out and assign tasks is easy too.

Heh... whatever...

> As a developer do you use cvs a lot at work? (I know nothing about
> software development or cvs) I might ask you quite a few questions at
> the meeting if thats ok.

Not yet... we use something similar, but home-made.  There's a plan to=20
migrate to using CVS but I'm more or less clueless ...

> W3? Not heard of it. Any errors with the site?

Another spelling thing... w3m ... doh...
Not tried... I'll do you a site report later.

> Konq 3.0.3? Is KDE 3.0.3 better than 3.0.2? I've downloaded it but put
> off installing it (I thought 3.0.2 was a bit of a step backwards from
> 3.0.1) ..how have you found .3 in use?

Cures the SSL problem that it shared with IE6 ...
Not had any crashes since install... quite fast...

Only KDE3.03 problem I've had at all is that it won't let me use jpegs as=
=20
wallpaper (only png) ... but that's a known bug and I've just grabbed an=20
updated kdebase which might address it... we'll see.