[Gloucs] l'Espion Camera (was USB Key Drive)

Mick Brooks gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Aug 27 17:16:00 2002

On Tuesday 27 August 2002 13:40, Guy Edwards wrote:

> Your probably better at this than me, but just to see if its the same:
> 1. Whats your kernel modules listing with lsmod? I removed
>  	modprobe -r stv680
>
> 2. What usb packages are installed?
> 3  What does doing
>  gphoto2 --camera "l'espion by DigitalDream" --port usb -n debug
> give you?

I had to do all of this on the Mandrake box before it would work. I never got
it going through gphoto though, but I did find a little program called pencam
that does the trick.

Have you played with the continuous shooting thing yet? If you name all of
the files *_0001.ppm through *_0080.ppm (a bit of Perl sorts that for me) the
Gimp will do the right thing very quickly and you can create little animated
gifs (little in pixels, large in diskspace required - 1.5Mb). I'm not about
to inflict them on the web, but they're fine for local viewing. I'll
investigate making mpegs when I get a round tuit.

> but I think you might have a different problem.

I reckon the bit that tells me to make square pegs fit into round holes is
defective :-)

--
Mick