[Gloucs] Testing wierd browsers...

Guy Edwards gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Aug 29 23:37:00 2002

(squeezes two posts into one)

On Thu, 2002-08-29 at 23:03, Glyn Davies wrote:
> Guy,
>
> Try The Register at http://www.theregister.co.uk/
>
> Their favicon is a galleon and mozzy hugger.
>
> --
> Best Regards
> Glyn Davies

Oh aye, it is as well, I guess the icon has to be converted properly
(like that earlier posted article said....)

On Thu, 2002-08-29 at 23:08, Mick Brooks wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 29, 2002 at 10:49:49PM +0100, Guy Edwards wrote:
> > On Thu, 2002-08-29 at 21:54, Guy Edwards wrote:
> > > I'll hide the images tonight in the CSS by making it a background
to the
> > > cell that holds the image.
> >
> > (trys)
> >
> > Well... the idea was straight in my head... but it seems html has
yet to
> > catch up with my ideas ;-) ...it all went wrong...
>
> It was in my head for a while, but I convinced myself it'd never work
> and didn't try. What went wrong?

Just a big blank space when I made the images backgrounds to the span
tags they're normally housed in. I didn't try all that hard though...

I'm sure it's possible, might have to chage the display to block and
other fun things.... I bought the book becuase CSS seems to have lots of
features I don't know. Having looked throught the book there seems to be
a tonne of features I knew nothing about.

Have a go if you want, I have a few little SourceForge sites to work on
this week in my spare time.

Guy