[Gloucs] Electric Eyes and the root window

John Spray gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sat Aug 31 14:57:00 2002

Hi all,
ee documentation claims that it has a "-r" (or --root) command line switch to
open the specified image, draw it to the root window, and quit.  The switch
is recognised (I don't get an "unknown option"), but it's just opening as
normal.

Googling doesn't turn up much about this ee feature, but it seems a fairly
ubiquitous util.  Is -r working for anyone else, or is this an un-implemented
feature?  My ee is 0.3.12-5

Any alternatives to draw a jpg to the root window from the command line?  I'm
getting a little tired of my xsetroot'ed black backdrop, and I'm not presntly
running anything that takes over the background (just sawfish and panel -
keeping it lean).  I guess I could use nautilus, but it feels a bit bloated
just to draw a wallpaper.

Thanks.
--
John Spray