[Gloucs] I-WORM/Opas.A

bjh gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Dec 30 23:20:00 2002

Thanks for the response Adam... the networking is on of the triggers for
this one - it looks as if the virus can stay dormant until it actually gets
an opportunity via a network to start its attack... That is what happened to
us, the action to network the two computers was the trigger...

If you read right through the message threads on the link I put in the
original message you will see what I mean, a full
system clean and elimination of the win.ini files concerned was
insufficient...

The only way we stabilised the problem was to remove all network connections
and drivers, do a full system clean in DOS, making sure that the win.ini
trigger line was then eliminated and put ZoneAlarm on the system before
going back on the net...

A charming little worm... (smile)