[Gloucs] Newbie

Mark gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Nov 14 19:02:02 2002

> Hi,
>=20
> Fearing that my eyes really were forming the square appearance like my =
mum=20
always told me they would, I was about to get out and join a local chess =
club=20
when I saw in the back of a magazine that Gloucester had a Linux group=20
(hoorah!).
>=20

- --If you dont have square eyes then you dont know what your missing!

> So I thought it only polite to introduce myself before descending upon =
you=20
all at the next meeting :-)
>=20
> My name is Jill, I am in my final year of a computing degree at Chelten=
ham=20
>(almost made it!), and live just around the corner from the Cross Keys p=
ub.

- --s'alright for some!

>=20
> My main interest is in networking and security (no I'm not a hacker), a=
nd I=20

- --ohhh  over hyped media terminology abuse

>have been a fan of Linux for a few years now, plotting the downfall of B=
ill=20
>Gates and his evil empire from my old 486 machine running, er, *cough*=20
>windows 2000.

- --not everyone is perfect...just GLUG members

>=20
> Actually I am building a small PC empire myself here, in the office, or=
 the=20
"dining room" as my mum likes to call it.  I have a few more machines, on=
e=20
currently very unstable one running the new version of SuSE, and one=20
beautiful laptop that cost me my entire first year university loan runnin=
g an=20
old version of redhat and, er *cough* windows 2000 ;-)
>=20
> Anyway, before I start including diagrams.........
>=20
I almost thought I had something to read for a second!

> I look forward to meeting you all on the 26th !
>=20
- --Oh well, you'll learn i suppose

> Jilly

Other than the above comments, welcome to our Little (but rapidly expandi=
ng)=20
user group!..

on another note, hope all members out there are still breathing, I seem t=
o=20
have become addicted to breathing and ive been told that withdrawl from s=
aid=20
symptoms may well be terminal (thats final not server).

cheers all,
yours in mad ramblings as always,

Mark