[Gloucs] Tuesday Meetings- High availability

Nick Woodruffe gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Nov 26 22:33:00 2002

I think it was William that I was talking to.  You mentioned the
requirement to develop a sql solution on high availability hardware or
clustering hardware.

Have a look at www.freshmeat.net and search for "high availability",
then sort the results in "Rating (reverse)".  You should see links to
"Linus-HA" and also "MySQL High Availability"

That's a start but it's gonna take you a long time to develop your ideas
into something useable.  The sites will make interesting reading but
there really isn't anything available that suits your exact needs unless
you develop it yourself.

The magazine article that I read earlier this week was using "Linux-HA"
to create an LDAP service with high uptimes.  That is the US Linux
Journal mag.

Regards

Nick.W