[Gloucs] bits + compact flash

Nick Woodruffe gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Nov 27 07:47:00 2002

> Does anyone have a second hand DVD or CD ROM drive or three=20
> knocking about? My DVD drive has finally given up the ghost=20
> after being strange for some months. Also I could do with a=20
> couple of CD ROM drives for two P100's. Will swap at the=20
> meeting for beer tokens.
>=20
I've only just read this but yes I have quite a few DVDrom drives
(10speed) which I can seel you for =A315 each.  If you want CDRW =
(4x4x16),
they come in at =A320 each, Phillips models.

> Also what's the easiest way to read compact flash cards under=20
> Linux (on a desktop)? We used to use a slot reader that=20
> plugged in as a PCI card at my old place of work but it was a=20
> pain to setup.

A small usb CF reader available at www.7dayshop.com for =A311.75 is =
ideal
and fits into your pocket when not in use.

Regards

Nick.W