[Gloucs] Hereford 20 Nov (for Dave)

Dave Addison gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sun Oct 27 20:19:00 2002

This is a PGP signed message sent according to RFC3156 [PGP/MIME]

--=_Turnpike_1XkffxAMt9u94LJe=

In message <200210231640.47704.jmckeown@glos.ac.uk>, John McKeown=20
<jmckeown@glos.ac.uk> writes
>Dave,
>
>Mislaid your email, but guess you'll see this here.
>If you're planning to drive there, and if you go near
>either Chelt or Tewkesbury, please can you give
>me a lift?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>Dear John,
>Just checking that it is still OK for you and Dave to do the
>demonstration on Linux on 20th November at the Hereford Computer Club?
>Unless I hear from you that you can't make it, I will arrange for the
>projector to be there to link to one of your two laptops for the actual
>talk. Hopefully we will also have someone there who can set up the link.
>You may have been contacted by someone called Rodney Archard who told me
>he has a partially set up Linux machine which can be mangled as much as
>anyone likes to. He has offered to bring that along, which sounds a good
>idea.
>I don't know how well you know Hereford - the club meets in the
>boardroom on the ground floor of the NFU Headquarters, Agriculture
>House, Beech Business Park, Tillington Road, Hereford. Tillington Road
>is just off the road going to Canon Pyon, the A4110, (turn left before
>the Three Elms pub). Beech Business Park is 100 yards along on the lhs.
>The Agriculture House is at the front of Beech Business Park. My mobile
>number is 079 39 800433 in case you get lost.
>It might be a good idea to get there at about 6.50pm to give us time to
>get the computers set up and talking to the projector before the hoards
>of members arrive at 7pm.
>We'll get the coffee on and make sure that you get the first chance at
>the chocolate biscuits!
>Best wishes
>Penny Wick, HCC Sec.

Hi John

I'm planning to drive and it won't be a problem to give you a lift. I=20
can pick you up either from Francis Close Hall (you work there IIRC) or=20
Tewkesbury (but I'll need directions). 6.50 p.m. is going to be pushing=20
it a bit. I'm probably going to have to leave work a little early.

I've been doing some preliminary set up work on the laptop. By November=20
20th, I should have it running KDE3 and openoffice, windows 2000 under=20
vmware and ms office using crossover office. I'll be taking a full size=20
keyboard and mouse as well which should make it a bit easier to use.

I'll be in touch a bit closer to the date anyway
--=20
Dave Addison