[Gloucs] Re. Mandrake/Inspiron help

Mike Overs gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Oct 31 12:10:00 2002

Many thanks for all the useful info. and encouragement, I now feel far more
positive about dabbling with the setup.

I've thought for a long time that the whole Microsoft thing was a big
rip-off, and I'm chuffed to bits that a far better alternative is actually
available. For what it's worth, the only time I've used XP in the last month
was to scan a couple of documents on my ancient Canoscan, for which I've yet
to find Linux drivers.

I'm sorry if I gave the impression that I thought Linux was in anyway
inferior, on the contrary, I just regret not having discovered it before the
products of several famous continental breweries began to take their
inevitable  toll on the grey cells!

Again, many thanks,
Mike