[Gloucs] next meeting

Iain Calder gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Sep 2 19:06:00 2002

johnmckeown wrote:

>4th Tuesday is 24th September (not 17th)
>

>I think the demos so far:
>

>Debian APT upgrading
>
>RPM 'tutorial'
>
>Wine (promise from last time)
>

>Need to names to faces on each of the above.
>We need to have definite demos arranged for
>next meeting so that we can feel comfortable
>staying in the cyber room.

I would be happy to demonstrate a Debian install and the use of APT.
 I'm not sure yet exactly how long this would require, probably about
30-45 mins.

I think John kindly (bravely???) volunteered his laptop for the install;
I will try to bring a desktop machine as well in case there are any
problems with the laptop.

It would be very useful if the install machine could be connected to the
internet for all or part of the talk - maybe it could be temporarily
plugged into a socket in the cyber room?

Iain