[Gloucs] mysql

Guy Edwards gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Sep 17 18:03:00 2002

Hi

ok it was inevitable wasnt it? mysql access problem.

----------

* I have the root user password setup in mysql

* I've added a database called opendb which has been successfully
created.

* I then log into mysql as root and
mysql> grant all
--> on opendb.*
--> to stockkeep identified by 'letmein';

(I'm not bothered about security right now, not on network etc.)

I then do mysqlaccess -u stockkeep -d opendb -P
I type in the password.

The access-rights lists shows no access rights to anything.

it then says

"BEWARE: Everybody can access you DB as user 'stockkeep' from host
'localhost' WITHOUT supplying a password.
Be very careful about it!!"

"BEWARE: Accessing the db as an anonymous user, your username has no
relevance"

typing at the command prompt:
mysql --user=stockkeep --database=opendb -p
giving the password, results in access denied.

I need it to access it using a password. I have two books here on PHP
and MySQL and neither covers this in any detail.

Anyone any ideas?
Guy